Sump Pump Repair & Installation Services in Springfield, Jacksonville & Surrounding Areas
A sump pump is your best defense against groundwater flooding. If you have a basement in your home or commercial building, you’ll definitely need the protection of a sump pump. The pros at HRI Plumbing provide complete sump pump installation and repair services for residential and business customers in Jacksonville, Springfield, Taylorville, New Berlin, Pleasant Plains, IL and the surrounding area.
Sump Pump Technology
Understanding how sump pumps operate can help you decide which technology will work best for your application.
- Submersible Pumps: When installed in a home or business, a submersible pump provides many benefits, especially if frequent pumping is anticipated. Since the unit operates underwater, it’s quiet and very efficient. These pumps are durable and can be adapted to work in a variety of conditions.
- Pedestal Pumps: A pedestal pump is impeller driven, and the motor rests above pit level. As a result, these units are noisier than submersible pumps, but they are more accessible for repairs. Pedestal pumps are a good choice when matched with a deep sump pit.
Sump Pump Installation
If you’re in an area where flooding is common, installing a sump pump is a necessity. Some people ignore water that occasionally collects in the basement, but it’s not a good idea. Standing water can cause structural damage and mold growth. A sump pump also serves as an alarm that warns you when you have piping leaks.
Sump Pump Repair
If your basement is flooded or wet, you probably have a problem with your sump pump. Listen to your pump for strange noises, including grinding, clacking or whirring. If the pit is full and not draining properly, you’ll want to call a plumbing technician right away.
Sump pumps typically last anywhere from five to 10 years, and models with tethered switches tend to last longer than those equipped with vertical switches. If your sump pump is an older model, it’s a good idea to have it serviced by one of our technicians.
Sump pump maintenance includes the following services:
- Check and test the pump
- Inspect the battery
- Charging and operation inspection
- Check and test the switch
- Monitor the battery fluid level
If your sump pump isn’t working as well as it used to, one of our trained technicians can repair or replace it. We prioritize sump pump repairs, and we offer 24/7 emergency service for serious situations.
The Sump Pump Experts
Your sump pump plays a vital role in keeping your home or business free from damaging flood waters, leaks, and moisture accumulation. Trust the pros at HRI Plumbing for all your sump pump installation and repair needs.