Keeping the infrastructure of your Rushville, Illinois business in good shape is important for employee health and safety and customer confidence. No matter how well you maintain your establishment, plumbing and aesthetic components eventually need to be refreshed. Plumbing problems may include corrosion, poor water pressure, leaks, bad smells, and noise. Leaking pipes do not only waste water. Leaks also have the potential to allow contaminants to enter the water supply system. If you notice degradation in your plumbing system, call a professional plumber to investigate as soon as possible.
Common Signs That Show It Is Time to Repipe
Several signs indicate when plumbing is not performing properly.
- Age. Old pipes may corrode, crack, or fill with debris. If the pipes are more than 60 years old, it may be time to replace them.
- Noise. Clanging, banging, and groaning pipes may indicate poor water pressure, an air bubble, loose fasteners or faulty internal valves.
- Off-color water. Discolored water discharged from pipes indicates rust or contamination inside the pipes. If the discoloration is from the hot water side, it may be from buildup inside the water heater.
- Poor water pressure. High water pressure can strain pipes and fixtures, resulting in damage to appliances or cause leaks. Too little pressure does not provide adequate water for normal use.
- Leaks. Not all leaks are easy to see. A high water bill or water stains on walls, ceilings, or floors indicate there may be a leak inside the building envelope.
- Bad taste. Water with a bad taste may be contaminated by rust or debris that enters pipes through leaks or backflow.
When to Repipe
If you detect plumbing problems in your Rushville commercial establishment, call a professional plumber to isolate the problem and recommend solutions. A licensed, experienced professional plumbing contractor will inspect and test the elements of your system to evaluate whether repiping is the best option.
HRI Plumbing maintains three offices including one in in Rushville, Illinois, to be responsive to our clients in our extended service area. We offer a full range of plumbing services, including commercial repiping services, new installations, repair, maintenance, leak detection, and sewer line repair and replacement.
Contact Your Local Plumbing Experts
Call HRI Plumbing today for your commercial plumbing needs. We offer commercial repiping services and 24/7 emergency service. We back our work with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.